Friday, February 24, 2012

Whoever you are in Syria

My daughter woke up screaming again this morning at 2am. after another nightmare. I could  not go back to sleep so once we got her settled I decided to turn on the computer and check the blog.  I spend a lot of time monitoring the blog as I am very interested to see where all the people come from who are viewing my posts.  There is a "stats" page that lets me see the individual countries where the hits are coming from.

As I scanned the list one country in particular struck me deeply...


Philippines
United States
Canada
Sweden
United Kingdom
Syria
Romania
United Arab Emirates
Mozambique
Qatar
Spain
Italy
Germany 
 
As I consider my last blog post that speaks about some of the misery my family is going through having been victimized by extortionists, I was taken back by the views from someone in this one country of Syria. Daily I turn on the T.V. and see Syria in the news, a country that is by all rights already in a civil war.  Images of terrible violence all over and human suffering on a scale that is hard to understand. 

Whoever you are in Syria, my prayers are with you. And thank you for reminding me that our situation is not all that bad. We care.  I try to imagine who you are. An OFW perhaps? A nurse? Or an Govt. employee?  I guess the only thing that really matters is that this connection is made.
The next time I feel sorry for my self and my family I will remember you and pray for you.

There are others too whom view our blog from precarious circumstances. Like Simonette in Bulgaria who has been in the worst snowstorm in a century there. All I can say is we appreciate you following us even in your own hardship.

And to all of you around the world who visit this blog, thank you for your silent support.

Most Sincerely,

David & Chona Graham

1 comment:

  1. How can one get in touch with you? You have all this information out there that generates interest, but no means of contacting you so far as I can see. What is up with that? Contact info?

    Nate

    ReplyDelete